Interning with DVRC
Please note: Internships for the 2017-2018 academic year have been filled.
Interested in interning with the Domestic Violence Resource Center? DVRC is proud to offer valuable clinical counseling internship experiences to graduate students completing master's level programs in counseling, art therapy, psychology, and social work. Because DVRC is a non-profit agency offering one-of-a-kind services (including the only confidential shelter) at no cost for survivors of domestic violence in Washington County, we experience an urgent and growing volume of client needs. Our counseling interns are crucial to helping us provide these services and meet those needs.
As a counseling intern, you will be responsible for providing an extensive range of clinical counseling services, including:
- co-facilitating 24-week psychoeducational groups for adult and adolescent survivors of DV
- providing individual counseling to clients (adults and children) as appropriate
- conducting client intakes and screening
- providing DV awareness and educational presentations and trainings to community organizations, including local high schools
- providing outside resource and service referrals to clients as needed
DVRC opens its search for counseling interns each February, with internships to begin the following academic year (September). All interns are required to complete a 40-hour domestic violence training prior to the start of their internship.
For more information please contact the Gayle Sheller, Clinical Director, at 503.640.5353, ext. 305, or email at email@example.com.